9. Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain, Scottsdale, Arizona
8. The Cloister, Sea Island, Georgia
It has been rated one of the world’s best hotels five years running by Travel + Leisure. For true decadence and total privacy, enjoy a stay in one of the resort’s ocean villas. Rooms start at $295/night in the off-season.
7. The Lodge at Pebble Beach, California
Ranked by US News one of the best hotels of 2013, and voted #1 out of 109 Monterey hotels. Garden-view rooms start at $715/night.
6. Four Seasons Resort Lana’i at Manele Bay, Lanai City, Hawaii
“THE place to go to relax,” and “an absolutely superb spot to simply relax.” Make sure to enjoy the spa, whirlpools, private beach and luaus. Rooms start at $458/night.
5. Sonora Resort, Sonora Island, British Columbia
In 2011, the resort was voted the #1 Luxury Hotel in Canada by Trip Advisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards. Single rooms start at $445/night, including all meals and amenities.
4. Blackberry Farm, Walland, Tennessee
The resort has the feel of an intimate countryside bed and breakfast with the amenities of a top-notch luxury hotel, including a spa, private yoga classes, organic haute cuisine, carriage rides, and convertibles that guests can rent to explore the surrounding country roads. Deluxe rooms start at $895/night.
3. Inn at Palmetto Bluff, Bluffton, South Carolina
Rated a rare five stars on TripAdvisor, one reviewer described the resort as “a quiet, relaxing setting with outstanding service and amenities.” Private cottages start at $595/night.
2. Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Lake Louise, Alberta
Guests can enjoy winter sports, summer outdoor activities, a spa and health club, eight restaurants, and more. King rooms start at $458/night.
1. Auberge du Soleil, Napa, California